Transferring your contacts to a new phone has never been so easy, we’ll show you how to do it on Android and iPhone. We all have to move our contacts to a new phone every now and then, and running over our photos is never as easy as we would like. You can transfer smartphone contacts in various ways and then edit them on the new device. Here at Tech Advisor we have created a quick guide to help you do this. If you want a more detailed look at how to set up your iPhone, you can find our guide here.
How to move your contacts from iPhone to Google Contacts
- Find the way to the settings on your iPhone.
- Select your Apple account.
- Select iCloud and enter the iCloud settings.
- Now make sure that your contacts are synchronized with the iCloud (the slider next to “Contacts” should be green).
- Move contacts step one
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Navigate to the contacts.
- Choose your contacts. (To select all, press CMD + A on a Mac or Ctrl + A on a PC).
- Click Settings in the lower left corner of the screen. Select “Export vCard ….”, Then a .vcf file with your contacts will be downloaded.
- Move contacts step two
- Open your Gmail contacts and click on “Import contacts” in the menu on the left.
- Click on “Choose file”. Navigate to and select the.vcf you just downloaded. It should be in your Downloads folder on both PC and Mac.
Click Import, and your contacts are now available in your Gmail address book.
How to sync your contacts from Google to your iPhone
- Go to your Settings app and then to “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”.
- Right click on “Add Account” and select “Microsoft Exchange” from the list.
- Enter the email address of the Gmail account with your contacts.
- Enter your username and password in the appropriate fields (leave the domain blank).
- Move contacts
- Press the “Done” button at the top right.
- Enter “m.google.com” in the server field.
- Activate the slider next to “Contacts” so that it appears green.
- Your iPhone will now automatically sync contacts with your Gmail account.
How to move your contacts from an Android phone to Google Contacts
- Find the way to the settings and go to “Accounts and Sync”.
- Click “Add Account”, choose “Google” and tap “Next”.
- Tap “Sign in” and enter your Gmail login information. If you don’t already have one, create one and fill in the required information.
- Now click on “Sign in” and the device will download the information from the Gmail account.
- Tap “Sync Contacts” and then tap “Finish”.
Move contacts step four
Now your contacts are synchronized with your g-mail account, you can now add the Google account to your new mobile phone and your contacts will be displayed there automatically.
How to sync your contacts from Google to your Android phone:
- Go to Settings and then tap “Accounts & Sync”.
- Click “Add Account”, choose Google from the list and click the “Next” button.
- Enter your Google account information and tap “Sign in”.
- Your device will then communicate with your Google account.
- Tap the check box to the right of “Sync Contacts” to enable contact synchronization.
- Your phone will then automatically make contacts with your Google account
- sync, and all of your previously saved numbers are displayed.